Wednesday, December 21, 2016

Hello All!


I have always wanted to dress up. I usually go overboard and "over dress". When I 1st went to college I had dreams about being a famous designer or buying clothes for a major retail company. Well that didn't happen. I did however get to work as a retail manager for awhile so my knowledge of puffy sleeves and A-line skirts did come in handy. Life moved on and well, a new boyfriend (my future hubby) and a move across the country I found myself being a sahm (Stay at home mom) mom to my daughter, Asia who was then 7(now 18). It sucked. I was miserable. I was not cut out for the stay at home life quite yet. I found that I loved volunteering at my daughters school so I started looking for jobs working with children and ended up becoming a preschool teacher and going back to college. This time for Early Childhood Education.
10 yrs later along with over 5 years of infertility (we started trying to conceive after our marriage Jan '08), countless procedures, medications, and doctors appointments, four IUIs, and an IVF we finally had our youngest daughter, Lily in Jan 2014 I found myself to be a sahm mom again...sort of. I worked at home for 2 wonderful yrs as a home daycare provider. During that time we did two frozen embryo transfers that failed. Got ready for another fresh IVF that ended up getting canceled due to OHSS (Ovarian Hyperstimulation Syndrome) Even with all the eggs I had they were only able to get out eleven. From those eleven only four fertilized and from those four only one made it to day 3 to freeze. That one precious little embryo is now my 6 month old son, Grayson. Now I no longer have the daycare and am truly a sahm. I love it!
Anyways needless to say these last 3 yrs have been super busy and I found myself wearing, sweats, yoga pants and sometimes my pajamas almost everyday. And make up...forget about it! I was in a shlump. I had been someone that didn't wear the same outfit twice in a month and always did my hair and make up to someone who looked like they should crawl back in bed. My reason to get dress was going to the grocery store. I have a giant closet full of clothes, accessories and beautiful shoes that never got worn. Why? Because they might get dirty. Who was going to see me anyway? What if they get ruined, I'd have nothing to wear if and when I went back to work. My husband said something to me one day and it was like a light switch went off. "By the time you go back you'll probably want all new stuff anyways because 'all your clothes will be out of style' " So the next day after the kids were changed and settled I went back upstairs and took 20 min and got my ass dressed and put on some make up. Instantly I felt better. More organized. More put together. Just ready to take on the day. 
I'm a Pinterest junkie and find myself running to Pinterest for outfit ideas when I'm starring at the closet with no idea what to wear. There is always something to wear. I hope to be able to share with you ideas and easy, realistic ways to stay fashionable. Comfortably because being a sahm with toddlers and babies is a messy, sticky, get down on the floor to play and eewwl what did I just step in, kind of job. Did I mention we also have a cat, a dog, 4 ducks and 21 chickens? Yeah...outfits need to be easy and realistic.
Here was today's outfit. Long sleeve purple t-shirt topped with a cozy cream cardigan. Classic boot cut jeans accessorized with a brown leather belt and brown suede ankle boots.  Going forward intros will be shorter and more about the styles, fashion, my diy or project of the day!


 
Boot cut jeans. (I think these are actually what I'm wearing now)
http://www.express.com/clothing/women/dark-mid-rise-barely-boot-jean/pro/7016670/cat1910081

Cardigan
http://www.express.com/clothing/women/marled-hooked-cowl-neck-covertoup/pro/09599125/cat2980002
http://www.target.com/p/-/A-51347216


Boots
http://www.target.com/p/women-s-julianna-booties-mossimo-supply-co/-/A-50845661


No comments:

Post a Comment