Monday, May 8, 2017

Days 26, 27 and Mother's Day Present Stress


Day 27 and today's challange was to wear a gingham shirt. I decided to wear an older one I hadn't used in awhile. I wore it open as a cardigan since it was a bit windy out. I'm feeling a slight western vibe with my open toe, suede and fringed ankle boots, my silver jewelry and white laced top. I can definitely see myself repeating this look but with some cutoff jean shorts, this summer. 

* See below for more pictures and for day 26's look*  

I'm sitting in the van right now while the baby sleeps and I'm trying to come up with something to give my grandmother for Mother's Day. I am completely drawing a blank. Ive been trying to come up with the "perfect" gift for weeks! As a formal preschool teacher I have tons of ideas of cute things that the kids could make but I wanted her to have "more". Nana has been there for me all my life and I love her so much. For everything she has done, for all the love she has shown....how do I repay that? How can I show her how special she is to me? To us? Nana has recently moved to PA from southern California so this will be my first Mother's day with her, in who knows how long so it has to be great. 

We'll after stressing all week and now sitting here in my van I think I've got the perfect idea. I have all three kids pictures that i can frame for her new house and I think the kids will make something. And you know what? Whatever they do make, THAT will be perfect. Nana's gift doesn't need to expensive. It doesn't need to be extravagant it just needs to show her how much we appreciate and love her. I usually call her a few times a week so hopefully that helps to let her know how much I love her.
 Besides I gave her three amazing and super cute great-grandchildren which is pretty much the most awesome gift ever soooo..... 😉

Day 26: Bright Color 
This is the brightest clothing item that I own! So it was the obvious choice for Sunday's look. To tone down the brightness and because it was cool out, I paired the top with black jeans and my favorite denim jacket. Looking forward to wearing this, as well, this summer with some white or black shorts. I love the diamond detail on the back of this top! So fun.













No comments:

Post a Comment