Tuesday, May 9, 2017

Maxi Dress

Maxi-dress, was day 28th's theme. I was more than happy to bring out this dress that I got from Express last summer. This is one of my favorite dresses though surprisingly I think I've only worn it one other time. Which is a bit sad considering I paid full price for this and I talked myself into buying it by thinking how often I could wear it and the different places it could be worn. Also, by how I could dress it up or down easily with different shoes. **sigh** I really need to take my own advice and wear the clothes that I have. I think I'm going to do the hanger trick. You know the one where you turn all your hangers backwards and by the end of the year you see what you haven't worn because the clothing on those hangers are backwards still? I need to come up with something.
Anyways, though this dress at first glance may not seem casual I can assure you that I did in fact wear this all day. Not once did I feel over dressed. We ran a bunch of errands including a trip to Home Depot. I even played on the floor with the kids. I skipped on jewelry today but mostly because I simply forgot to add bracelets and a necklace. That probably helped with keeping this look on the simpler side too. I will admit that the maxi length did start to irritate me but that is mostly because Grayson is walking and he constantly would walk over to me and hang on the dress.   

As someone who never wore any patterns (besides stripes) till recently, I have to say that after this month I am drawn to patterns more than ever. Especially all things floral. Every time I wear something with flowers I notice that my day just seems to be better. Maybe because its Spring or maybe it's because I am a bit crazy. Who knows...lol.






No comments:

Post a Comment