Wednesday, June 7, 2017

Before and After!

On this episode of "What Can I Do to Keep the 3yr Old Busy and Not Have a Tantrum" we worked on a little project outback. I am so proud of the progress we've made in our yard. Our yard is very slowly coming together and I am just so happy when I look out the slider. However, there was a big, green, sad looking thing that just drew your eye. This monstrosity just seemed to laugh at our progress and say "Nope, still not nice yet!" Well, today Miss Lily and I gave this eyesore some love and oh boy, what a difference!

*Before

Our two story castle/playground was just awful looking. The paint was awful. The trim was incomplete and some boards were loose. Now, it's not completely fixed up yet. I did only come up with this little project on the way back from picking Lily up from school, but for 3 glorious hours we went without having any meltdowns! Okay, that's a lie. There were maybe two but they were tiny and very quick and easy to redirect back to painting!
*After

Isn't it pretty!? I can't wait till we fix the drawbridge, add some trim on the bottom and one more small window box at the front window. I was thinking of having my husband add another window to the left side of the door, he's so handy, but I think we will decorate that side with some fun garden pictures. I think some small bushes are needed as well! Tomorrow I will have Lily sponge paint the plant boxes (above the door and under the window on the left side) pink and purple to make them pop a bit. So excited with what we able to do in just 3 hours! Looking forward to getting some more done tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment