Sunday, June 4, 2017

Dresses and Smoothies!

Dresses and smoothies, oh my! Even though it's not officially summer yet, it sure feels like it! I love that I can wear a dress everyday and not have to change or add layers because it's too cold. Dresses have a way of making you look pulled together but really it's the fastest fashion cheat. One simple option. No picking out tops to go with your jeans. Just add accessories and go! This soft maroon dress is from Francesca's. I bought it last year on clearance and literally took the price tags off this morning! You can find a similar style in white, HERE, at Francesca's and this adorable slip dress in coral, HERE, at Target!


Photobomb baby!

Smoothies? Well, I try to have one every night. As a busy mom it helps me get the nutrition I need because if I'm being totally honest there are times I forget to eat or I just grab a cereal bar and run out the door! I try to eat healthy but there are times that it just doesn't work out. Having a healthy smoothie each night makes me feel like I did a good job....even if it's the healthiest thing I had all day, lol!
These busy little ones sure keep me on my toes! They never seem to stop! With the warmer weather we've taken to grilling dinner and eating outside most nights. What better way to top off dinner on a warm night than to share some ice cold delicious smoothies! They love it and think they are getting a special treat (I don't believe in serving nightly deserts)!

If you are anything like me you worry about how much and what your kids are eating. Are they getting enough iron? Are they eating enough vegetables, getting enough calcium, and so on. And if your kiddos are picky eaters? Oh boy! My nightly smoothie has turned into "our" nightly smoothies for this reason. Though we have many different ones, we seem to stick to two favorites in particular. This one, that I'll be sharing with you today is packed with protein!
**I use almond milk because I'm lactose intolerant but you can use whatever milk you'd like. Also, I would usually add honey to this but I haven't introduced honey to my son yet.
This recipe makes enough for my two Littles and myself.

Ingredients:
  • 10oz of Almond milk 
  • About 1 cup of Ice
  • 1/3 cup of Peanut Butter
  • 1Tbs of Chia Seed
  • 1 Banana (sometimes I'll add 2)
  • 1 scoop of Chocolate Protein Powder

Directions: Add all ingredients into blender and blend ðŸ˜‰ 

Please excuse the messy faces....they really enjoyed their pasta! 😉



No comments:

Post a Comment