Friday, June 23, 2017

Oh So Much Kale

I finally managed to get out to the garden to pick some veggies. Oh my goodness!! I ended up with so much kale my normal go to recipes just weren't enough. My husband and Lily are not a big fans of kale and will only eat it cooked certain ways. Hubby likes Zuppa Toscana soup and Lily adores lightly salted kale chips. So after making a batch of each I had to think of what to do with the rest! After searching the pantry I decided to go with Kale Pesto! Such an easy recipe. And so amazingly good on pasta! Lily even ate two whole servings! and if you know Lily or just have experience with toddlers, you know how picky these mini dictators can be! Asia even stopped by last night and had a big bowl of Toscana soup and then a heaping plate of my kale pesto pasta!
 *Final product shown on bottom!

 Ingredients:
  • Kale...I didn't measure but there was probably close to 3.5 cups once rinsed, destemmed , and cut
  • 1/2 cup chopped pine nuts
  • 1/2 olive oil
  • 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
  • 2Tbs minced garlic
  • 1/4 cup lemon juice
  • 1tsp salt
  • 1/2tsp pepper
*This is a very basic recipe. I usually like to add more spice (Red pepper flakes or Smoked Chipotle powder and salt) to food but for the kids this is perfect. Also if using a real lemon I would add about 1Tbs of lemon zest.

Directions:
  • Rinse, destem and cut kale.
  • Add kale and pine nuts to blender
  • Pulse till chopped (about 5 or 6 times)
  • Add olive oil and pulse another 5 times
  • Add rest of ingredients and pulse till blended
Use this on pasta, rice or on whatever else you use pesto on :D




No comments:

Post a Comment