Tuesday, June 6, 2017

Spinach for the Win


After a day of going through the basement and pricing items for our upcoming yard sale, I realized that I never posted our second favorite smoothie recipe! I'm going to bet that if you are a fan of smoothies, you may actually already be making this one. However, if you are like my husband you are apparently frightened by, whoops! I mean don't like, spinach. 😉 Now don't be scared, crap I did it again.... Okay let me try that again. Be the brave person that you are and throw some spinach in that smoothie! The berries in this one completely cover the taste and you get an extra dose of iron!

 Ingredients:
  • 10oz of Almond milk 
  • 1/2 cups of frozen spinach 
  • 1/2 cups of mixed berries
  • 1Tbs of Chia seed
  • 1 scoop of vanilla protein powder
Directions 
Add all ingredients into blender and blend 🙄

I love to keep a few bags of spinach and kale in my freezer for smoothies. Fresh is great but I know at my house if it's fresh it gets eaten right away. I never seem to have any left for smoothies so this works great.

I'd love to hear some of your favorites? How do you make your smoothies?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment