Monday, July 31, 2017

The Arms Must Wave

The hubby and I had a chance to go out without the kids the other night for his work buddy's birthday party. Originally it was going to be at the beach but with the weather being rainy and a bit cold they had it in their backyard under a tent. Luckily the rain seemed to be done by the time the party started though it was still quite cold for July. Originally I had picked out a cute tank dress to wear with a white and peach striped button down. I was going to add bangles and a peachy beaded necklace and flip flops. Casual, beachy and yet still on the dressy side. I'm actually kinda bumming that I didn't get to wear this out! Pretty sure a date night is needed so I can wear this! 😉


So since this was not happening I quickly called up my babysitter, aka Asia, and asked her to bring a top over. Luckily she had this fun off the shoulder striped top that I've been dying to borrow! Still had the casual yet dressy feel so it was a great choice. And I was a lot warmer than I would have been if I'd worn the tank dress. 
Now I have to ask....as cute and "in" as these off the shoulder tops are, does anyone else struggle a bit wearing them?!? All night the damn sides kept popping up! Not cute. I felt like I was constantly pulling the sleeves back down and off the shoulder. It's a good thing there wasn't dancing. I wouldn't have been able to wave my arms like ya just don't care and everyone knows that that's a must while dancing. And Nova (yes, I just totally referred to myself in the 3rd party) definitely cares! The arms must wave, people! Someone let me know if there's an off the shoulder top that stays off the shoulder and yet still allows you to move your arms! 




No comments:

Post a Comment