Monday, May 1, 2017

Nautical Hit or Miss?

 When you hear the words nautical inspired outfit, is it just me or do you automatically think stripes? Navy, red, green, maybe even bright yellow colors but stripes all the same. This may be a total miss on my end but here's today's nautical inspired outfit. White shorts from Old Navy, blue knitted sweater (also from Old Navy but from 3yrs ago), red Hunter boots and red bubble necklace. I have at least six blue and white stripped shirts alone that I could have worn but I really wanted to wear this sweater. Mostly because I forgot I had it. Now that I think of it, I actually have it in a stripped peach and white version as well.
Our precious girl Zelda

I mentioned yesterday that we had tons of work to do in our backyard. Well, yesterday hubby built a very large second garden for us! Love being able to grow our own vegetables! We are hoping to actually can some of our veggies for the winter this year! We wanted to do this last year but our garden was so small and I was so busy with Grayson being a new born we just ended up eating everything. Also, Lily has a habit of standing in the garden and just eating everything once it sprouts!
Picture of our new garden. We will be planting herbs to dehydrate, onions, red cabbage, kale, broccoli, beans and tomatoes! Depending on room we may also plant a few sweet pepper plants!
Our other garden will have squashes, zucchini and cucumbers! So excited to make some homemade pickles again!



No comments:

Post a Comment