Thursday, February 9, 2017

Yummy Deliciousness!


 
To prepare for today’s snow storm Lily and I decided to bake some yummy muffins! One of Lily's favorite things to do is bake. I absolutely love to cook and bake for my family and I love that Lily has so much fun helping me. I think most kids enjoy mixing ingredients and helping in the kitchen. Usually when I have Lily help me I like to have everything already separated into little bowls so she can easily add the ingredients and won't have to wait long for me to measure everything out. I highly suggest doing this. Keeps your little one from getting bored or inpatient. Luckily for me, since I failed to have this done, Lily was super patient while I measured everything. That and she was busy mashing the bananas.

Not only was I super excited to make these healthy muffins for my family but I was oh so excited to use my new 13 piece Cook Works product that my brother got me for Christmas! Guys, this thing is on sale right now for only $6.97 at Walmart!! I'm shocked at the price! (Sorry, Eric! I had to look it up to share it with everyone) Not only is this sturdy but it does so much! I feel like I can clear out some of my extra kitchen gadgets now. I can not recommend this product enough, especially if you are tight on room. The one drawback is that it did not come with an instruction manual. However you can find their manual on line if you need one.




Back to the muffins... I usually make blueberry banana or blueberry zucchini. Lily has been very picky about veggies lately so I knew I wanted to make something with zucchini. I found a ton of different recipes on line for mixing all three, bananas, blueberries, and zucchini. After going through a couple different ones I came up with my own delicious recipe. Hope you enjoy! Let me know if you have any questions :)

Ingredients:
  • 1 1/2 cups flour
  • 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
  • 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 2 ripe bananas, mashed (about 1 cup)
  • 1/4 cup granulated sugar
  • 1/4 cup brown sugar
  • 1 large egg
  • 1/3 cup melted coconut oil, cooled (I microwaved the coconut oil for about 35 seconds then stirred till it was all melted)
  • 1 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 1/4 cup shredded zucchini (about 2 medium sized ones)
  • 1 1/2 cup blueberries (put 1/2 cup aside)

Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line mini muffin pan with paper liners.
  2. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. Set aside.
  3. In a large sized bowl, combine mashed bananas, sugar, brown sugar, egg, coconut oil, and vanilla. Stir until well combined. Add the flour mixture and stir until flour is mixed in. Add both the zucchini and blueberries. Mix.
  4. Spoon the batter into muffin cups, about 3/4 full.
  5. From the 1/2 cup of blueberries that you put aside take a blueberry and place one on top of each muffin
  6. Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 10-13 minutes. Check at 10.
Makes about 56 mini muffins. Perfect size for the kiddos!











 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment