Friday, February 3, 2017

Priceless Works of Art

 
 
 
One of Lily's favorite things to do is paint. I have to admit that we haven't painted as much since Grayson's been born but now he is finally at the age were he can participate as well. Even if it lasts only a few minutes for him. Yesterday I got out some supplies and decided that it was time Grayson got to experience the joy of finger painting. Instead of just painting on paper I wanted to have that very first piece of artwork he did to be extra special.                                                   I used an 8x10 canvas from Michael's and tiny pieces of masking tape to mask off their first initial. Using tiny pieces helps you get a curve in the letter easily. Once I got the look I wanted I taped down some newspaper to protect my table, put their smocks on and added a few drops of different color paints to their canvas. They had blast! Lily isn't big on getting messy so once she was done finger painting I gave her a small tray and some Q-tips to paint with on regular construction paper. Q-tips are great for those kiddos who just don't want to stick their fingers into paint for either sensory reasons or those who just don't want to get dirty. I highly recommend that you have extra paper handy for them to paint. That way as soon as they get the canvas art done you can quickly give them a sheet of paper to continue their art. Otherwise the canvas may end up so over done that you end up losing the look of the different colors.
Once the canvas was completely dry I slowly peeled off the tape and Ta-da! I now have beautiful art that I can hang up in their rooms. Here are their priceless works of art! 
 
 
*You of course don't need to do their first initial. You could do hearts (great for a Valentine's Day gift), words, just random tape strips or no tape at all.
 
 
Discount School Supply    Discount School Supply is where I get most of my art supplies
 
Paint                 Smocks
 
Michael's
 
Canvas                 Paint    
 










No comments:

Post a Comment