Thursday, April 27, 2017

Let's Keep it Real

 I'm going to go ahead and admit that today could be considered a fail. Day 16 and I had plans for a casual vintage outfit. I put on an old faded Star Wars shirt for my vintage inspiration and my white jeans. Super cute even though my "vintage" wasn't lace or pearls. Well, during breakfast Grayson not only threw his Cheerios and blueberries around but preceeded to smash his pouch and it squirted viciously along the leg of my innocent and spotless white jeans! I may or may not have cried out "Look what you've done, you monster!" All three kids may or may not have laughed and I may or may not have shed a tear.
Off I went back upstairs to sulk and attempt to find something vintage. I'm going to be real though and let you know that I just Was. Not. Feeling it today. Not because of the pouch incident but mostly because I'm just having an off day. Today's plans consisted of vacuuming, mopping, organizing the kitchen and living room and cleaning the fire place. I had extra things to do and still hadn't gone into the chicken coop to collect eggs and feed the chickens. So after I changed into my new "Vintage" inspired get up and took a picture I went back upstairs, put on leggings, my now slightly food covered Star Wars shirt and a hoody. And you know what? I'm okay with that. I'm still going to finish out the 30 Days. I'm not even going to consider today a fail. I'm going to consider it what it is. Mom life. I'm going to be proud of myself for putting in effort everyday but knowing not to go nuts about it. Here I am below. Real life, no makeup, crazy frizzy hair pulled back and Grayson crying because I won't let him play in the toilet. #keepingitreal #momlife #stayoutofthetoilet

No comments:

Post a Comment