Friday, January 20, 2017

Easy January into February Decorations

It's been such a hectic week here at my little house! Started the week off putting the rest of the Christmas decorations away, making Jan/ February decorations, a 3yr check up, lowering Grayson's crib, a 1st haircut and finally finished the week off by minivan shopping! I believe we test drove every make and model! Let me tell you driving from car dealership to car dealership and testing out different vehicles is super exhausting with little ones. We have narrowed it down to two vans and will hopefully make a decision in the next week or so and then a purchase in February. My dream of sliding doors will soon become a reality!! ***Squeal***

One of my favorite things to do in my home is to decorate my kitchen table. I try and switch things up every month or so. With Christmas being yet it still being winter I wanted to keep things "wintery" and not too spring like. Not only do I enjoy recycling items from throughout my house to use but I love DIY. I got inspiration from Pinterest for my table and did a DIY table runner. Which must be extremely popular because I have seen it pop up on tons of other blogs and on Instagram posts lately! I simply cut some extra material that I had to the desired length. Flipped it over and used fabric glue to glue down the seams and then ironed the material once the glue was dry. Next I took some black acrylic paint. I started in the very center and top of my runner and painted a "O". Then an "X" under that and then on the bottom another "O". I then continued an alternating pattern on each side. I kept the paint brush strokes light towards the end to get a soft worn look.
Once dry I recycled/ reused items to get this romantic wintery feel which is perfect for January and for February. I used a small red cake platter, a white mason jar with silk flowers, and a ceramic deer antler. All on clearance either this year or last year at Michael's. The tea cup and saucer was just an extra that I had in my cabinet. I added the small candle to it to give it that extra oomph. The "Time for a Cup of Tea" sign is just left over scrap book paper.



Next I put more of my unused scarp book paper to use for some lovely heart banners.
 What you need.
*Scrapbook paper
*Large heart shaped cookie cutter (or you can just draw it out)
* scissors
*hole punch
*ribbon or yarn
* push pins

After tracing and cutting out hearts, I hole punched each. Threaded the ribbon through, then pinned the ribbon up where I wanted it displayed. Very simple. **Side note. I plan on saving these not only to use next year but in my Daughters room once we redo her room.  

 
 
 






No comments:

Post a Comment