Friday, January 20, 2017

Minivan Shopping Stlye

This week we visited a number of car dealerships and spent hours test driving different minivans. A minivan is something I never could have imagined wanting. "No freaking way", I would have said just last yr. Since my son was born that quickly changed. You know its time for magical sliding doors once some giant dummy parks so close to you passenger side at the grocery store that it is impossible for you to put your son and his car seat in the car! The fact that I had to put my tantrum throwing toddler in the front seat and then climb and practically shove the car seat over her seat to get to his side was just about enough to make me go to the offending car and violently kick the crap out of it. Luckily (?) Lily's meltdown was a distraction enough so that didn't happen. Needless to say my small compact car is no longer working for our family! Did I mention that we can't go anywhere as a family because my 18 yr old would have to take her own car? Or that my husband always has to drive because he cant fit on the passenger side because of Grayson's rear facing seat? Yup, the Corolla has got to go!

So in my attempt at still being cool driving a minivan I wore my skinny jeans and black platform ankle boots. I put on my cozy mustard colored pullover (no mustard is not just for Fall...at least it shouldn't be), and white infinity scarf. I also made sure to add a stripped undershirt for a little fun and because its cold and I needed the extra layer.

After driving and viewing all the vans my view of them is starting to change. I mean have you seen all the awesome features that they have now?! It's not your moms old van. No, the new ones are so amazing. I am literally counting down the days till I can park one in my driveway and call it mine. I've already been a "cheer mom" for four yrs I'm sure I could be a soccer mom too. As long as there's a spot for my lipstick I'm set :)

Where to buy similar items:

Sweater

Target

No comments:

Post a Comment