Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Kid's Travel Bins for the Car


With the new year being upon us I decided that I would try to be a tad more organized. That being said I figured it was time to update my travel boxes in the car especially since its no longer summer, the kids are bigger, and Lily is now potty trained during the day with the occasional accident. Summer clothes just doesn't cut it when its 30* outside!
 I have 3 bins. An extra clothes bin, a food bin, and a "keep the toddler entertained" bin. I also have a blanket for each child.

First thing I did was update the kids "extra clothes" bin which I keep in the trunk.
1. 2 complete sets of clothes for each child. pants, shirts, onesies for Grayson, socks, panties, and pajamas.
2. A package of wipes, 2 diapers for Grayson and 2 Pull ups for Lily in case we're out late.
3. Bib
4. A container that holds a Ziploc bag, diaper bags and some grocery bags. I used a small empty Pringles container. I cut construction
 paper to wrap around it, glued it and decorated it with stickers. Easy peasy.
5. A mini travel bag (see below)


Restocking the mini travel bag was next. I have the Safety 1st one and love it. https://www.safety1st.com/infant-health/health-grooming-kits/baby-s-healthcare-kit-arctic-ih3670500.html I added and removed a few items to fit our needs. Ours now holds
1. Comb
2. Diaper Cream
3. Lotion
4. Hand Sanitizer
5. Medicine (Ibuprofen and Gas Drops)
6. Boogie Wipes https://nehemiahbrands.com/product/boogie-wipes-saline-nose-wipes-45ct-fresh-scent-pack/ and Wet Ones
7. A small snack size bag containing band aids, nail files, q-tips and antiseptic wipes.
8. I also included a container of hair ties, clips and barrettes for Lily.

The mini travel bag fits easily inside the extra clothes bin.
 
My second and favorite bin I updated was probably the "Keep the toddler entertained" bin. I keep this next to Lily's car seat. I just added a few of her favorite things to keep her occupied. I used a small Q-tip container for stickers, added a coloring book, crayons, a couple small toys, 2 books and a no mess water painting book from Melissa & Doug. This thing is amazing. We have four so far! You fill the little brush with water and they "paint" the pages with it. When the pages dry they can do it all over again. I highly recommend this product! http://www.melissaanddoug.com/search?q=water+wow&lang=default 


 
The third bin I have is for snacks, which I keep on the floor of the backseat. I like to add just couple of easy snacks incase I forget to put something in the diaper bag. I've found that having cups, spoons and forks is also a great idea.

 Last item that I have in the car are these cozy blankets. Not only are blankets just great to have in your car in general but since its winter and extremely unsafe for children to wear jackets in their car seat it's a must. Any blanket will do of course but my kids love these 3 in1 pet blankies. I love them as well because they roll right up. http://www.animaladventure.com/my-pet-blankie


 


No comments:

Post a Comment