Friday, January 27, 2017

The One Shirt Every Woman Needs!

 The one shirt that I have found to be the most versatile and timeless is the Chambray Shirt. The ways to wear this shirt are not only endless but can be worn all four seasons! I've put together six cold weather outfits to give you an idea on how to mix up your look.

1. My number one look lately has got to be laying my chambray shirt under a sweater or cardigan and rolling the sleeves up. I love the look of a patterned or stripped sweater but a solid color works just as well! Classic yet not too preppy!

2. Tuck your denim shirt into a skirt, any length works, for a fun yet simple style that can easily go from running errands to a lunch date with a friend!

3. The contrast of wearing a denim shirt with white jeans (don't be scared) just looks so crisp and clean to me. You know, as long as it wasn't finger painting day for your toddler! Have to protect these white jeans. ;) Add some knee high boots, a statement necklace, and you'll be ready to take on the day.

4. One of the most popular looks that I've seen, would hands down have to be wearing it over a black and white striped tee or blouse. There is something just so classic about this look. Normally, I would probably wear a long gold necklace or a bold long red statement necklace for a little "pop" of fun but with a grabby baby that just doesn't work at the moment.

5. Denim on denim. It can be done. My personal opinion is that if you are going to do this, your top should either be darker or lighter than your blue jeans. I just feel that the contrast is visually more pleasing and also easier than worrying about trying to find the right shade shirt that matches your pants.
Whenever I do the denim on denim look, I make sure to add a bit of brightness to my ensemble. Here, I paired it with my cream and orange flats and a coordinating bag.

6. Another way to layer the chambray is to layer it over a dress. This works with different length dresses. Maxi to shorter. Button it down, wear it as a light cardigan, belt it with a skinny belt, or even just tie it around your waist.
I choose to (as seen in an early post) wear my denim shirt, buttoned down and under a stripped t-shirt dress. Then belt it and pair it with black tights and boots.

Hope this gave you some ideas ways to wear your chambray shirt! These are just some cold weather ideas. Can't wait for summer when I can find new fun ways to wear this shirt!

Here are a few places that you can get one if you don't already own one or just want another in different shade! Just click on the store name to take you straight to a denim shirt at a great price!

Target                 Banana Republic

Old Navy            Forever 21

Gap                    American Eagle   

Kohl's                H&M





No comments:

Post a Comment