Monday, January 9, 2017

White jeans

For years I envied those who were brave enough to sport the white jean. Seriously, what super woman with kids could go through the day WITH kids and successfully wear white jeans without them getting ruined? Even without young kids I put off getting them because I was positive I'd spill something on them. Love the look but just unrealistic to actually wear. Well, recently a friend was going through her closet and gave Asia, my 18 yr old, and I a pair that she no longer wore. Perfect opportunity to see if I could make it through the day without ruining them. Let me tell you I boldly put on those beautiful, yearned for, white jeans with a new found confidence that I would make it through the day without ruining them! Within 20 minutes my 2 yr old got her 1st ever bloody nose, wipped her finger on my magical jeans **insert crying face and bubble being burst here**. Then while I was tending to said bloody nose my 6 month old tried to climb up my leg successfully ripping apart **much like my dream** the strategically placed trendy tear, a good 5 inches down my shin.

Now this might not seem like a good selling point and I will admit I was momentarily crushed but I threw those sad jeans into the wash after stitching up the tear and they were all better. And really....the above could have happened no matter what wash of jeans I was wearing. The next week I tried again and I, low and behold, made it through the day. Pretty sure it's award worthy, just saying.

Being a SAHM (Stay At Home Mom), I'm not one to spend money too often on new clothes for myself. My husband being the amazing man he is knows this and gets my gift cards to my favorite clothing stores on holidays, our anniversary, and my birthday, so I will be able to spoil myself a bit. For a former shopaholic this is just the tits! Or the shiz, whatever you're comfortable with. Well, for Christmas, my brilliant husband gave me a gift card to Express **squeal!!!** and I bought a new pair of white jeans, without the trendy rip since Grayson apparently dislikes that look and will wreak havoc upon them.

 I'm in love all over again. My magical white jeans and I decided that being paired with a baggy cozy off shoulder pullover sweater was the only way to go on this blustery winter day. I kept the accessories to a minimum with my new XOXO watch, also a Christmas present, and gold rings. I chose my suede black wedge ankle boots and finished the look by cuffing my jeans up. Side note: cuffing your jeans is kind of a must do with ankle boots ;)

So all in all, don't be scared of white jeans. You only live once. Buy some bleach, Oxy Clean, and maybe a Tides Stick for your purse or diaper bag. Have fun and remember to not hold  back with your style because you might get dirty. That's life! But maybe don't have your toddler finger paint or eat spaghetti on your "White Jeans Day." ;)

Similar styles found at bottom of page









 
 
Jeans:
 
 
 
 
 Sweater:

Express

Target

Gap

Boots:

Target

Kohls

Watch:

Amazon

Target




2 comments:

  1. They look great on you! I will have to give it a try😊

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you :) I have a feeling you'll look amazing in them!

    ReplyDelete